Information Collection and Usage
- GMI collects personal information when you apply for volunteer positions, apply for staff positions, register for classes, register to participate in various programs or outings, register for athletic events, sign up for subscriptions to our newsletters, request information from GMI, make a non-anonymous donation, request to be entered into our Frequent Guest registry, or become one of our suppliers, vendors, or Harvest partners.
- All users entering and interacting with our system become known as a ‘contact’.
- When you enter our system we ask for information such as your name, address, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, skills, trades, talents, and personal interests. For some educational services or programs we may also ask a contact for their Social Security number.
- GMI web servers automatically receive and record information about your web browser, Ip Address, cookie information, and the pages requested. This information is not linked to a specific contact in any way.
- GMI uses contact information for the following general purposes:
- To maintain GMI mailing list subscriptions
- To maintain volunteer schedules and scheduling
- To maintain a donor list
- To maintain a vendor or supplier list
- To fulfill your requests for services
- To improve our services
- To contact you
- To conduct internal GMI research, and provide anonymous reporting statistics for internal use only.
- GMI does not share or distribute your information to anyone outside of the organization unless to fulfill a specific request by you, or unless you grant specific permission to do so. If this should be necessary, you will be asked for approval first.
- GMI regards your information as strictly personal and confidential.
- Contact information is stored in secure locations, secure databases, and is only accessed by approved personnel.
- At no time will any contact information be made publicly available.
- All records of donations are stored in a secure location, and are accessible only by designated staff.
- All contact information will only be used for the purposes it was intended.
- When a child under age 18 requests to participate in our volunteer program, educational classes, after-school programs, athletic events, or any other GMI service we require that he or she have a parent or guardian approve of or supply their contact information.
- Participation of minors in any GMI event or service requires parental or legal guardian permission.
- GMI will not contact children under age 18 without a parent’s prior permission.
- GMI does not ask a child under age 18 for any personal information over and above what is necessary to participate in a given activity or services.
- Parents or legal guardians can review, edit, and delete information relating to their child’s GMI contact information at any time by contacting us via the information at the bottom of this document.
No Release of Information to Third parties
- Personal information will not be released to third parties except to further the purpose for which you provide the information. There are no other circumstances under which we will provide or sell personal information to third parties.
- GMI does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies or organizations except to provide goods or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- GMI has a parent’s permission to share the information if the user is a child under age 13.
- GMI responds to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- GMI believes it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
- GMI does not store or retrieve any personally identifiable or secure information in cookies.
- GMI does not control cookies set by web sites outside of our network or web site.
Your Contact Information
- You may request to have your contact information removed from our records at any time by contacting us via the information at the bottom of this document.
- You may request to have your contact information updated at any time by contacting us via the information at the bottom of this document. We will make every attempt to provide the means to update your information and preferences via our web site.
- GMI reserves the right to send you certain communications relating to GMI services, announcements, administrative messages, and newsletters, according to your preferences and situations that are deemed necessary by management.
Confidentiality and Security
- GMI strictly limits access to personal information about contacts only to personnel we believe reasonably have the need to view this information in order to provide services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- GMI employs physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to the best of our abilities to protect personal information about contacts.
If significant changes are made to this policy we will notify contacts via email or on our website.
We are available to answer your questions or hear your concerns. Questions, comments, or any other need to reach us may be directed at:
Gospel Mission Inc.
64 Burns Avenue
pO Box 1141
Dayton, OH 45401
phone Us At: (937) 223-4513
Email Us At: firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective Date: October 22, 2005