In The Beginning
Doors were first opened July 16, 1912 by Reverend and Mrs. Peter Quartel. The location was different, a soap box and a store front downtown on East Fifth Street, but those in need were always welcomed and told of the love of God. During those early years and through the Depression the mission was as it is now, “A light that shineth in darkness.” We have depended upon the Lord for all needs from the very beginning and still do today.
Today’s Gospel Mission
The Gospel Mission is now located on Burns Avenue, a few blocks from downtown Dayton, adjacent to the South Park Historical District. Our needs are many, but God has a way of providing for the most urgent needs through the generous and sacrificial love of many supporters, such as you. The mission does make an impact for Christ in this corner of the world. Many of our people first meet Christ here, and all of this started because two people obeyed the call of God to go and make disciples.